There are great plants and herbs in nature that can help keep us healthy. In this article, we will talk about the plant named boldo. A tree native to Chile, the length of boldo can exceed 180 cm. Boldo helps improve the health and function of the liver.
All medicinal properties of this tree are collected in leaves. It is used to make tea as an alternative to drugs used since antiquity. It was mainly used for joint and muscle pain.
Today, this plant is known for its use to help treat liver health-related problems, digestive difficulties, and gallbladder-related problems.
What is Boldo?
It is a local plant that grows around the Andes. Thanks to therapeutic properties, it has long been used as a medicinal plant in the local cultures of South America.
15 Best Health Benefits Of Boldo
• This plant has many health benefits.
• Fight fatty and swollen liver, hepatitis, cirrhosis, and indigestion.
• Reduce the risk of gallbladder inflammation. Thus, will decrease your risk of developing a condition such as irritation of gallbladder.
• Reduce the risk of gallbladder inflammation caused by the accumulation of toxins by facilitating the production of saffron.
• Protect your liver thanks to the boldine and flavonoids.
• Purify your liver. It helps to purify the liver if you consume alcohol, take intense medication, or eat too much.
• It helps to work regularly by relieving digestive system disorders such as constipation and indigestion.
• The mouth also provides the removal of excessive dryness. It regulates saliva secretion.
• Removes toxins from the body. This protects liver health.
• Has antiseptic properties in rheumatic pains and broken dislocation pains.
• It provides regular secretion of saffron. It helps to remove gallstones from the body.
• It has a feature of facilitating gas extraction.
• Prevents the formation of kidney stones. It has the feature of facilitating the falling of the stones formed.
• It provides the disposal of harmful liquids in the body. Urinary tract infection and cystitis.
• Fights off diseases such as hepatitis and cirrhosis.
• It helps to cleanse the liver from excessive medication, alcohol, and lubrication.
How to make and Drink Boldo for the Liver?
We recommend drinking boldo tea after each meal. You should also have a healthy and balanced diet program while drinking this tea.
- Heat the water. Add the boldo leaves when boiling.
- Cover top of infusion and leave to brew for 10 minutes before drinking.
- If it tastes too bitter, sweeten with honey.
Lemon And Boldo Tea
Consuming this plant with lemon will increase the detox effect. Both materials are cleaner and will help to effectively purify the liver.
This combination may reduce your risk of encountering conditions such as inflamed liver, liver toxicity, or jaundice. Prepare the boldo tea as described above and then add the juice of a lemon.
Use Of Boldo To Prevent Stomach Pain
- You can also take advantage of boldo features regionally to prevent stomach pain.
- All you have to do is prepare boldo tea and dip a few compresses into.
- Then place these compresses in your abdominal area. This will also help calm your nerves and destroy gases.
- So you’ll feel lighter and calmer and be able to focus on other activities.
What Are The Other Benefits Of Boldo?
1. Traces of human teeth have been identified in fossilized boldo leaves found in Chile.
2. According to research from boldo fossils, it is believed to have been consumed for nutritional and medicinal purposes for more than 13 thousand years.
3. Boldo leaf tea has been used by ancient civilizations of Chile and Peru. Indigenous tribes of South America have used these leaves as herbal infusions to treat liver, gallbladder and urinary tract problems.
4. Tea obtained from boldo, a slow-growing tree, has become popular in global markets in recent years. Although the bark of boldo Bush is consumed, leaves are usually consumed for health purposes.
5. It is a herbal tea that is not a “tea” in the traditional sense. It is not derived from the leaves of the “Camellia sinensis” plant, such as black or green tea.
6. Boldo tea is brewed using only parts of the boldo tree. It is therefore completely decaffeinated. It can be combined with black tea, white tea or green tea for caffeine.
7. In some South American communities, boldo tea is made from crushed and shrunken fresh leaves, as fresh leaves sold commercially are expensive.
8. Most medical professionals in South America recommend boldo tea for any discomfort.
9. It is especially recommended for headaches caused by alcohol consumption. Hangovers (alcohol silliness, drunkenness, hangover) can also be used to alleviate.
10. It has also traditionally been used to relieve abdominal pain, remove intestinal worms from the body, and to relieve inflammation.
11. The strong smell of boldo is very valuable for the cosmetics sector. Essential oils extracted from leaves are used in the perfume industry.
12. Small boldo fruits are eaten or dried in Chile. It is even used in folk arts, made from pendants of beads.
What Are Side Effects of Boldo?
There are situations where you should avoid this plant. Overuse can lead to these types of problems:
- On the other hand, people in this situation should avoid consuming boldo:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
- Patients with severe liver disease.
- Children under 12 years.
- Kidney patients.
- Patients taking anti-clotting drugs, (as it may increase the risk of bleeding)
Remember that any solution must be taken in a measured way. We recommend that you consult with an expert before including this plant in your nutrition program.
They can decide what the right dosage will be for you. We hope you enjoyed reading how boldo can be beneficial for liver health!
Important Note: It is a very useful plant. But as well as benefits, it can lead to some problems when over-consumed. It is recommended not to consume more than the recommended daily amount and 4 weeks. People with diarrhea should not consume. Women who are pregnant and breastfeeding should never consume.