The health benefits of Lemongrass (Melissa Officinalis) is a lemon-scented plant from the same family as mint. Lemongrass has been used for a long time to treat anxiety, sleep disturbances, indigestion, and wounds.
There are the most useful parts. The most useful parts are the leaves. Lemon-scented leaves can be used as tea, as a condiment in meals, to create perfume oil and repel insects.
Lemongrass has been a part of traditional treatment for centuries due to its relaxing and sedative properties. Health benefits are mainly influenced by active compounds, including tannins, flavonoids, rosmarinic acid, citronellal, eugenol, and other polyphenolic compounds, as well as copper, manganese, zinc and various vitamins.
Usage Of Lemongrass
• It can be used with mint in various dishes. It is also compatible with the widely used spices, black pepper, oregano, and parsley. It can also be mixed with juice and syrup.
• It can be consumed as tea. Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water.
• Insects can be used to get away from home
• It can be applied to sores like herpes.
20 Powerful Benefits Of Lemongrass
- 1.) Calm the symptoms of stress, calm the mind and help you relax.
- 2.) Helps reduce anxiety symptoms such as nervousness and excitability
- 3.) From a study, it has been shown to help alleviate heart palpitations.
- 4.) Regulates heart rhythm disorders. Arrhythmia means that the heart beats faster or slower than needed, or that the heart beats at irregular intervals.
- 5.) Lemongrass reduces premature beats in the heart, tachycardia, and fibrillation without causing any adverse side effects.
Important Note: Studies have shown that lemongrass can be used to heal wounds caused by herpes. Ointment containing lemongrass has been found to reduce the healing time of both genital and oral herpes.
Lemongrass can also be applied directly to the herpes. For cold sores and herpes sores; 2 to 4 teaspoons crushed lemon leaves 1 cup boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes to soak. Then apply this mixture to the wounds throughout the day with cotton.
- 6.) It helps to reduce the symptoms of sleep disorders during menopause.
- 7.) It encourages restful sleep especially for those who have difficulty falling asleep.
- 8.) When applied to the skin reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- 9.) It also contains essential components such as caffeic acid, p-fumaric acid, and rosmarinic acid, which work together to support the body’s natural response to harmful organisms that cause lip stains.
- 10.) Enhances memory and improves problem-solving skills.
- 11.) A study showed that lemongrass helps to revitalize memory and improve mood. A phytochemical in lemongrass suppress enzymes that break down neurotransmitters responsible for memory and thought.
- 12.) Some medical studies have shown that Lemongrass tea can help treat the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. Research shows that it can help reduce agitation and improve cognitive function in people with Alzheimer’s. Studies show that lemongrass can improve memory and reduce the anxiety of people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease with mild to moderate severity.
- 13.) Supports the digestive system, helps to calm the stomach and intestinal discomfort.
- 14.) It is a powerful antioxidant. It helps fight free radical damage.
Scientific Work: Glioblastoma multiform (the most common primary malignant brain tumor in all brain tumors). It is also the most common type of cancer in women. * )is highly effective against a specific cancer known as.
This type of cancer spreads rapidly in the brain. A study in 2014 found that lemongrass essential oil causes apoptosis (spontaneous cell death) in these cancer cells and stops the expression (production) of a protein known as MRP1. MRP1 is partly responsible for the drug resistance developed by cancer treatments such as chemotherapy.
- 15.) Antioxidants help the body fight against different types of cancer (the most common type of liver cancer and two different types of leukemia).
- 16.) It also protects against neurodegenerative disorders caused by overexposure to manganese.
- 17.) Supports liver health. It helps to remove harmful compounds that accumulate in the liver over time.
- 18.) Strengthens immunity. This plant has antibacterial and antiviral properties, which have components such as caffeic and rosmarinic acid. It effectively prevents infection in healthy cells.
- 19.) Oral infections can be used to treat problems such as gum bleeding and bad breath. Mix a few drops of lemongrass essential oil with a gargle and use it to gargle. It will kill bacteria and refresh the inside of your mouth.
- 20.) Sedative (sedative) and analgesic (painkillers) with the help of features of menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) alleviate. It also relieves anxiety and mood swings associated with menstruation.
• Excessive consumption, as in every food damage the body. Therefore, be careful not to consume too much.
• You should not use lemongrass if you are allergic to any type of fungus, such as peppermint.
• For any reason, we recommend that people who are using drugs (especially glaucoma drugs, thyroid drugs, HIV drugs, barbiturates, sedatives, serotonin-affecting drugs) consult their doctors before using lemon to because they can interact with drugs.
• People with hypothyroidism should not use lemongrass.
• Pregnant and nursing women should consult their doctor before using lemongrass regularly.
• People who will undergo surgery or during recovery should not use lemongrass in any way. In these stages, general sedatives are used and the addition of lemongrass may interact with anesthetics.
• Check with your doctor before giving it to children and infants under 12 years of age
• Should only be used for a short time. It is a week’s vacation after use every three weeks. You should not take lemon balm for more than four months at a time.
• Possible side effects of lemongrass include headache, painful urination, increased body temperature, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness, wheezing and skin irritation.
Ԍood answer back in return of thіs issue witһ solid arguments and telling the whole thing аbout that.