Although pumpkin seeds are not as dense as sunflower seeds, they are consumed by many people. The benefits of pumpkin seeds are quite numerous. Protecting against cancer, protecting the kidneys, increasing sperm quality among the benefits of pumpkin seed.
What is more, when consumed to a certain extent, it allows you to lose weight instead of losing weight. Pumpkin seeds can be used as pumpkin seed oil as well as roasted seeds. Pumpkin seed oil benefits are quite high. Here are some of the benefits of the pumpkin seed;
What Are The Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds?
• Contains Many Vitamins And Minerals: Besides minerals such as magnesium, manganese, zinc, vitamin K, vitamin E, Vitamin B2.
Read: 11 Amazing Medicinal Health Benefits Of Olive Leaf (Olea Europaea)
• Good Antioxidant Source: Contains carotenoids and antioxidant substances. Antioxidants reduce inflammation and protect cells against harmful free radicals. As a result, it defends the body against diseases.
• Provides Protection Against Many Types Of Cancer: According to a study, lignin in the pumpkin seeds plays an effective role in the prevention of breast cancer. It also protects against cancer types such as breast, stomach, lung, prostate and colon cancer.
• Protects The Bones: Thanks to the zinc content, it protects against bone meltdown. According to a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, approximately 400 men in a study on the body in a small amount of zinc intake increases the risk of osteoporosis in the hip and spine.
• Affects The Health Of The Prostate And Bladder In A Positive Way: Prostate gland enlargement, urinary problems related to the benefits of said. As a result, the zucchini kernel can reduce benign prostatic Enlargement and overactive bladder symptoms.
Read: Neem Leaves (Azadirachta indica): Health Benefits, Uses, And Warnings
• Natural Source Of Magnesium: Magnesium is important to prevent some diseases in the body or to prevent diseases. Magnesium is an important mineral for the formation of healthy bones and the protection of bones.
• Protects The Health Of The Heart: Pumpkin Seeds are a good source of antioxidants, zinc, magnesium and fatty acids that help keep the heart-healthy. According to studies, cholesterol and high blood pressure balance.
Cholesterol and high blood pressure are important factors that trigger heart disease. For this reason, the consumption of pumpkin seeds protects the heart by balancing cholesterol and lowering blood pressure.
• Excellent Fiber Source: Therefore, it can also be used in diet lists. When foods with high fiber content are consumed, the rate of developing diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity decreases.
• Improves Sperm Quality: Low zinc levels lower sperm quality in men. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc. Therefore, it helps to increase sperm quality in men.
Also, when consumed with antioxidant substances, it positively affects the levels of testosterone. As a result, reproductive functions in men are affected.
Read: 6 Best Health Benefits Of Ginseng And Ginseng Tea (Panax quinquefolius)
• Good For Sleepiness: If you have sleep problems, you can eat before going to bed. It is a natural source of tryptophan, amino acids, which provide benefits for insomnia. It is thought that consuming about 1 gram of tryptophan per day is good for insomnia.
To consume 1 gram tryptophan approximately 200 grams of pumpkin seeds should be consumed. It is also converted into tryptophan serotonin because of its zinc content. Serotonin is also converted to melatonin, the hormone that regulates the sleep cycle.
At the same time, the quality of sleep and the duration of sleep can be increased thanks to the magnesium contained in it.
Read 9 Natural Home Remedies to Treat Sleep Apnea (Quick & Easy Prep.)
What Are The Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds?
• It’s good for depression.
• Prevents the formation of kidney stones.
• Reduces sweating and complaints during menopause.
• It can be used as a natural treatment for tapeworm and other parasites.
• A good source of omega 3.
• Destroys parasites in the intestines.
Read: 12 Benefits of Linden: Digestive System, Hypertension, Asthma and More
What Are The Benefits Of Pumpkin Seed Skin?
• Vitamin A and omega 3 fatty acids in its content repair the cells, protect the skin against damage.
• Moisturizes the skin.
• It helps pass acne and acne.
• Sunspots can be removed with pumpkin seed oil. For this, the sunspots in the area can be massaged with oil.
• It rejuvenates and strengthens the skin thanks to its vitamin and mineral content.
• It protects against harmful UV rays with zinc.
• Refreshes the skin, beautifies it.
• To reduce wrinkles around the eyes with pumpkin seed oil can be massaged in these areas.
Does The Pumpkin Seed Lose Weight?
When consumed in certain sizes, it helps to lose weight as well as weakening. Thanks to its high fiber content, it regulates the digestive system and prevents constipation. There is also a full holder feature.
Thanks to its full-holding feature, it allows you to eat less food by starving less. This helps to lose weight. According to research, the average daily consumption of 35 grams of fiber reduces the rate of fat in the body to weaken.
Of course, it should still be consumed in a certain amount. A maximum of 20 grams of pumpkin seeds per day should be taken. Eating too much can lead to weight gain instead of losing weight.
What Is The Calories Of Pumpkin Seeds?
High fiber content is a food that can be added to diet lists. When the calories of the pumpkin seed are investigated, 28 grams, IE approximately 1 handful of the core contains 151 calories.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Pumpkin Seeds?
• No known harm. However, excessive consumption should be avoided. When consumed too much;
• May cause skin irritation.
• If consumed too much, instead of losing weight loses weight.
• May cause diarrhea.
• Stomach and intestinal disorders.