Health benefits of juniper berry tea include; There are stomach pains, bloating, heartburn, and anorexia problems. It can be used to eliminate infections in the urinary tract. It may also help treat diabetes by helping to lower blood sugar. Juniper berry tea can be applied directly to the skin or consumed by drinking, depending on the situation.
Health Benefits Of Juniper Berry Tea
Juniper berry tea, which is rich in valuable nutrients and strong herbal compounds, is a good source of vitamin C. A tea to be prepared with 1-2 tablespoons of juniper leaves meets an average of 10% of your daily vitamin C needs. This tea is also a good source of antioxidants. Of course, that’s not all the health benefits of juniper berry tea.
- 11 Incredible Benefits Of Rooibos And Rooibos Tea
- Hibiscus Tea: Health Benefits, Uses & Warnings (Hibiscus Sabdariffa)
- Kiwi Tea: Health Benefits, Uses, Warnings And Scientific Researches
Helps Prevent Diabetes
Studies on juniper berry tea, which is used to treat diabetes in alternative medicine applications, show that may have anti-diabetes properties. A study found that contributes to health by lowering bad cholesterol levels and balancing blood sugar levels. This feature of this tea comes from high antioxidant content.
Improves Heart Health
It can contribute to heart health by lowering bad cholesterol levels and raising good cholesterol levels. A study of animals showed an average 57% drop in total cholesterol levels. It should be noted that more research is needed for the effects of juniper berry tea on human heart health.
Watch Video: Juniper Berry Tea: Top 11 Health Benefits, Uses & Warnings
Juniper berry, whose fruits have strong antibacterial properties, shows positive effects against eczema when applied topically to the skin surface in tea or oil form.
Beneficial For The Digestive System
Juniper berry tea, which contains compounds that stimulate the production of digestive enzymes in the body, contributes to an easier breakdown of food in the body and increase nutrient absorption. However, it can also be used to alleviate digestive ailments such as heartburn. It can also be useful in treating intestinal worms.
Improves Kidney Health
Which has diuretic properties, may contribute to the removal of excess fluid in the kidneys and also to many adverse health conditions that may occur in the kidneys, including kidney stones.
Juniper Berry Tea Recipe
It prepared with the fruits of the juniper tree has microbe mixed properties. It is also a diuretic tea. This tea is also among the herbal teas that are good for cough.
- 1 teaspoon of dry juniper berries.
- 2 glasses of boiling water.
Put the dried fruits in boiling water and let them steep for 10-15 minutes. Serve after draining the water. Drinking it once a week will be enough to avoid the side effects of this tea.
If you have trouble drinking the tea you have prepared; You can also consume 1 tablespoon 3 times a day for 3-4 days to benefit from the benefits of tea.
9 Other Benefits Of Juniper Berry Tea
1. Which has blood cleansing properties, increases body resistance, provides the acceleration of metabolism.
2. It supports the removal of water and edema from the body, it is also a good diuretic for slimming cures.
3. Eliminates the white discharge seen in women while cutting the menstrual pain.
4. Which has a germ-killing effect, helps to treat colds and flu.
5. Prevents vascular blockages, is effective against anemia.
6. It’s appetizing because of its pungent taste. It stimulates the stomach and regulates the functioning of the digestive system. It removes the stomach and intestinal gases.
7. It is an aid that people with diabetes can apply for with the effect of lowering the amount of sugar in the blood.
8. It regulates blood circulation and minimizes the risk of a heart attack.
9. The tea, which has a calming feature like Melisa; It is good for headaches and muscle spasms.
- 12 Superb Benefits Of Chinese Tea: Why Drink More Chinese Tea?
- 12+ Evidence-Based Health Benefits Of Clove Tea: Uses & Warnings
High amounts of Juniper berry tea and long-term use of juniper berry tea, kidney damage and lead to bleeding in the urine. Those with kidney inflammation should not use juniper tea cure. Juniper tea, which also has objectionable effects for pregnant women, activates uterus muscles, can lead to miscarriages.
This tea, which can have side effects such as nausea, dizziness, palpitations, can interact with high blood pressure drugs and blood thinners and carry the effect of existing drugs to undesirable dimensions. For this reason, juniper tea should be consulted by a specialist before starting to drink.
The tea, which is a natural ingredient, is generally considered safe when consumed in normal amounts. However, overdose can cause some possible side effects.
These side effects are mostly manifested as nausea, dizziness, and palpitations. It can also reduce the effect of high blood pressure and blood-thinning drugs. Therefore, this tea should not be consumed above the recommended amount.
Who Shouldn’t Consume Juniper Berry Tea?
- Not suitable for consumption by pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
- Diabetes patients are advised to consume with caution because of can lower blood sugar levels.
- Those with kidney diseases should not consume.
- Not suitable for the consumption of children.
- Patients with stomach disorders, blood pressure problems, and individuals who have recently had surgery, should consult their doctor before using.