Coconut, which has entered our nutrition basket in recent years, is a fruit that belongs to Palm family and can be grown in tropical climates. Shells of coconut trees that are quite long in trees are pubescent and brown, are white inner parts.
Table of Contents
What is Coconut and Coconut Tree?
The coconut tree, which has a century of life, usually gives fruit continuously for 60-70 years. Coconut, which is very difficult to grow in non-tropical regions like our country, usually comes into our kitchens in powder form.
It contains a high amount of fat that is easily digestible and therefore helps to lose weight. In this case, consumption of coconut is becoming more widespread.
Supporting functions of digestive system, coconut also greatly helps in problems of stomach and indigestion.
The Best Types Of Coconut
Apart from type of coconut we know, there is another type known as nutmeg coconut. Also known as small coconut or Indian nut, this plant is frequently seen in Caribbean islands, and motherland is Grenada. Nutmeg coconut, which is used as a spice, is main ingredient of curry sauce.
Although it has been used in many foods since ancient times, use area has been narrowed considerably due to some known side effects.
Nutmeg coconut is commonly used in hot wine production in countries such as India, Sri Lanka, and Philippines and palm wine is produced from it.
In this respect, nutmeg is of special importance thanks to coconut flavor and content. However, if you consume too much or eat with milk, it may cause you to be unable to differentiate between reality and imagination. In this respect, be careful when consuming nutmeg coconut.
How To Use Coconut?
~ It is thought that coconut consumed by adding some sugar will be digested more easily in this way.
~ But healthy way is to consume without adding sugar.
~ When mask made with milk inside coconut, color tone of skin will be opened.
~ It also helps to make skin softer and more supple.
~ Besides these, is possible to use coconuts powder in pastries, desserts and many other foods.
What Are Health Benefits of Coconut?
Trans-zeatine, an anti-aging substance, is abundantly found in coconuts.
It is possible to find a solution to many skin aging problems, especially from wrinkles formed by percent to sagging in neck and arm regions.
Coconut Strengthens Immune System!
It has antiviral, antifungal, anti-bacterial properties. Therefore, it is possible to strengthen immune system thanks to consumption of coconuts on a regular basis.
Supports Weight Loss Process!
The most important factor causing weight gain is to be hungry frequently and disproportionately. itis known to be very effective in suppressing hunger.
In this regard, person who consumes coconut for a long time, desire to eat for a long time is suppressed. Therefore, can be said that coconut is a nutrient that supports some kind of weakening.
Prevents Urinary Tract Infection!
It is rich in calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and potassium, so it supports digestive system. It enables toxins to be removed easily from harmful substances.
As such, people who urinate frequently due to consumption of coconuts regularly are protected from urinary tract infection.
Thanks to high quality, rich vitamins and minerals it contains, coconuts strengthen bones and muscles. In this regard, especially in childhood is more recommended development of bones and bone destruction process experienced in advanced age coconut consumption.
Protects Skin Health!
It is not a coincidence that most of skin care products contain coconut. Because coconut milk and oil nourish skin, moisturizing, restorative, vitality to skin, has a radiant effect.
If you want to nourish and maintain your skin naturally, is recommended to consume coconut, coconut oils and milk on a regular basis to massage your skin.
In fact, thanks to balancing properties of coconut skin tone, it may be possible to get rid of color imbalances caused by sun or harmful chemicals over time with coconut spots.
In this regard, your skin care products, your masks be careful to contain a small amount of coconut.
Strengthens and Nourishes Hair!
It is important to note that natural product that is beneficial for skin is definitely beneficial for the hair. Hair loss is the most common cause of hair loss in men and women, and it is the most common cause of hair loss in women.
In this context, many of shampoos released claiming to protect hair health are in content of coconut or coconut milk.
Because it is not only anti-aging, is also a high quality food with a moisturizing and moisture balance regulating effect.
It is recommended to massage scalp with coconut milk especially in cases of dry skin or loss of hair as a result of flakes or loss of hair health.
It is possible to add extra moisture and vitality by applying coconut oil or milk to scalp and hair, which can be used to support health of almost every part of body, especially in face region.
One of ingredients in mask recommended for people experiencing dandruff problem is coconut oil. All these are based on coconut meal, coconut milk, or juice drink, massaging hair roots with coconut oil to support hair growth and overall hair health definitely, many will allow natural ways to get rid from hair problems.
11 Best Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has health benefits as much as coconut. Coconut oil is not only a consumer commodity for people, but also an amazing health benefit. Organic coconut oil contains almost 92% of unsaturated fats.
Now let’s look at benefits of coconut oil:
Organic coconut oil contains 92% of saturated fats. Saturated fats are known to protect their properties and shape at high temperatures.
But these fats do not accumulate in body, on contrary, they are very useful for keeping blood pressure at a healthy level.
- It helps to reduce accumulation of fat in people’s bodies.
- Organic coconut oil reduces accumulation of fat in human body.
- This oil has antibacterial properties and is good for oral hygiene. It is edible and has no side effects as known.
- Rich in lychic acid, is effective against fungal diseases.
- Coconut oil is also effective against infection diseases. It is widely used in treatment of infectious diseases.
- Coconut oil helps in loss of stomach and intestinal worms. In addition, it is effective against growth and reproduction of parasites in body. Easily kills parasites and helps remove them from body.
- Increases body’s metabolic rate and is incredibly useful for digestive system health. It allows toxins to be thrown out of stomach.
- It provides bones to strengthen and maintain flexibility. Coconut oil is very beneficial in terms of bone health. Apart from that, it contributes seriously to preservation of muscle health.
- As mentioned above, organic coconut oil makes easier to digestion by cleaning toxins. Toxins are a result of increased free radicals in body. The acids contained in organic coconut oil cleans body from free radicals.
- Contains heart-friendly fatty acids. They control formation and circulation of fats in body. Saturated fats can easily filter and re-circulate molecules to facilitate absorption by liver. Therefore, directly reduces formation of cholesterol. This reduces risk of heart disease.
- 9 Proven Health Benefits Of Dragon Fruit (Pitaya) How to Eat It?
- Top 5 Benefits Of Boswellia Serrata Extract (Frankincense) – How To Use?
- 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bitter Melon (Bitter Gourd or Karela)
- Top 12 Best Health Benefits Of Marshmallow – How To Use Marshmallow?