What is Hawthorn Plant?
The Hawthorn plant, known as crataegus, is a shrub and tree-shaped plant belonging to the Rosaceae family. The Hawthorn plant grows in different parts of the world. It is mainly found in temperate regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia.
Hawthorn plant is widely accepted in Europe as a safe and effective treatment method for the early stages of heart disease. Hawthorn plant also used for circulatory system health, angina, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, and cardiac arrhythmia was found to be useful in the treatment.
It is very effective for strengthening the heart and stabilizing the arrhythmias. There is also evidence for the development of the cardiovascular system in clinical parameters associated with angina, congestive heart failure, and acute myocardial infarction. All these benefits may be due to the antioxidant activity of this plant.
9 Best Benefits Of Hawthorn
According to research from the University of Maryland Medical Center, Hawthorn plant may be useful for the prevention of cardiovascular disease because it contains flavonoids.
It is a good source of antioxidants, especially quercetin and oligomeric proanthocyanidins or OPC, which can prevent the effects of free radicals that damage cells and cause the formation of arterial plaque or atherogenesis.
✓ Promoting Heart Health: High blood pressure and high cholesterol are often the precursors of heart disease. Hawthorn plants can protect by affecting such situations.
The Hawthorn plant, which is used regularly, decreases blood pressure by increasing blood flow to the coronary arteries and improves blood circulation. Thus, the heart protects against the risk of possible diseases.
Read: Stevia Plant: Health Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, and Warning
✓ Helpful for Chest Pain or Angina: It is used as an effective treatment for chest pain or angina on the date of use of the Hawthorn plant.
It can help to control angina and chest pain caused by decreased blood flow to the heart. It increases blood flow to the heart and helps to reduce the pain felt in the chest.
✓ It Can Be Prevented Heart Failure: Studies on Hawthorn plant, heart to all parts of the body stopped pumping blood resulting from heart failure has been found to help control.
Read: Top 15 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
✓ Controls The Blood Pressure Levels: Although the hawk plant is not being investigated on people with high blood pressure disorders, high blood pressure is used for public treatment for hypertension. High blood pressure is the most common cause of death in the United States. It is already known to be useful in the treatment of heart diseases.
✓ Strengthens The Immune System: Thanks to its antioxidants, it can eliminate dangerous toxins in the body as well as vitamin C, it increases the activity of white blood cells and positively strengthens the overall health status.
✓ Good For Anxiety And Emotional Problems: This is one of the most interesting uses of the Hawthorn, but traditionally used for some psychological conditions such as stress, anxiety and even depression. The reason why it has been used in many cultures since the past also explains that it affects hormone levels.
✓ Increases Energy Levels: Hawthorn plant is known to be effective in coronary artery dilation; therefore it helps the circulation of the body for blood energy or alertness. When all parts of the body can receive oxygen, which is rise cognitive skills develop, metabolism accelerates and energy levels.
Read: Aloe Vera Plant & Aloe Vera Gel: Benefits, Uses, Contents
✓ Helps Digestion: The Hawthorn plant contains organic components related to intestinal flora to improve nutrient digestion. Thus, by improving the digestive process, constipation, bloating, cramps and colon conditions such as cancer or ulcers can help to treat up to more serious situations.
✓ Prevents Intestinal Infections: Positive progress in the health situation by increasing nutrient excretion and eliminating constipation has also been determined to be effective in the Elimination of any kind of intestinal infections, such as licorice, which may occur in Hawthorn plants.
Other Benefits Of Hawthorn Fruit
Hawthorn fruit can help increase blood circulation by dilating (opening) the heartbeat and coronary arteries, thus preventing heart problems (heart attack, stroke). The enzyme (ace) inhibitor, Hawthorn, promotes the body for normal heart rhythm.
- It helps to reduce symptoms of aging.
- It helps with high blood pressure by affecting blood levels.
- Hawthorn fruit can help reduce stress and cope with the general symptoms of stress such as being over-stressed, chest pain, heart palpitations, etc.
- It helps reduce bad cholesterol levels known as LDL and supports liver health.
- Because it increases blood circulation, It reduces the formation of angina and chest pain.
- Hawthorn fruit is a powerful antioxidant because it can fight free radicals.
- Hawthorn fruit, known for its tranquilizing properties among the public, is good for insomnia.
- One of the common symptoms during menopause, fever, which is good for the Hawthorn fruit is also used in Chinese medicine to prevent premature aging of the ovaries.
12 Amazing Benefits Of Hawthorn Tea
Just like other fruits, Hawthorn fruit tea is very nutritious and herbal tea in terms of antioxidants and vitamin C. It contains thiamin, niacin, and riboflavin, as well as iron, chromium, manganese, and zinc, as well as minerals and vitamins rich in Hawthorn fruit tea, is a delicious way to complete nutritional intake.
Hawthorn fruit tea contains many components, including active amino group acids, essential oils, essential fatty acids, pectin, routine, tannins, and carotene, as well as antioxidants. Therefore, Hawthorn fruit tea is an appropriate and tasty option for those who want to eat naturally.
• Hawthorn Tea is a source of antioxidants and vitamins that help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals in the body.
• Hawthorn Tea is very strong in terms of vitamin C, which is important to strengthen the immune system. This tea also contains small amounts of vitamins A, B vitamins, potassium, and magnesium.
• Because of it’s antioxidant, Hawthorn tea has intensified its effect mechanism to reduce dilatation resistance and increase blood flow, leading to the dilatation of smooth muscles in the heart and blood vessels.
• Drinking Hawthorn tea can help control cholesterol levels.
• A cup of hot Hawthorn tea consumed after meals can be effective in the solution of digestive problems while helping to break fat while improving your appetite.
• Hawthorn Tea helps to control the symptoms of hot flashes in women during menopause.
• Hawthorn Tea is the most proven advantage of this herb, although it is not analyzed especially on individuals for high blood pressure, the cardiovascular system is supported.
• Hawthorn plants consumed in tea form can be effective to calm nerves and eliminate insomnia problems.
• Hawthorn plant has a very useful, relaxing effect on the functioning of the nervous system; it acts as a remedy for situations such as extreme stress and anxiety.
• Hawthorn Tea helps the body become more energetic because it supports blood flow, thus increasing energy and alertness levels.
• The antioxidant content of Hawthorn Tea is especially useful when applied to the skin on burns, wounds or acne.
• Hawthorn tea also helps to lose weight as it provides to get rid of a swollen body in support of the Elimination of edema in our body.
Read: What Is Saffron? How To Use? Benefits And Damages
Damages Of Hawthorn Plants
In recommended doses, in the short term (up to 16 weeks) the use of Hawthorn plants is considered safe for healthy adults. It is not known whether the Hawthorn plant is safe when used for long periods.
Some people may experience nausea, stomach upset, fatigue, sweating, headache, dizziness, palpitations, nosebleeds, insomnia, agitation, and other problems.
Pregnancy And Lactation: During pregnancy and lactation, there is not enough information that the consumption of Hawthorn is safe. Therefore, it is recommended to stay away from consumption to stay on the safe side.
Heart Disease: Hawthorn plants may interact with drugs used to treat heart disease when taken together. If you have a heart condition, you should avoid using medicine without consulting a health care provider.
Consumption Of Children: If you want to use a Hawthorn plant for any medical condition of your child, you must contact a health care provider.
Recommended Dose: In many studies, it is stated that the purchase should be used in doses ranging from 500 to 1,500 mg daily.
Read: Health Benefits Of Licorice Root And Licorice Root Syrup
1.) You can make jelly or jam with Hawthorn fruit. Hawthorn fruits are called pectin feature, so you can use them as sauce thickener in your meals.
2.) You can prepare a delicious cup of coffee with roasted Hawthorn seeds.
3.) Pre-sleep Hawthorn tea prepared will help you sleep.
4.) If you want to get energy without adding caffeine, you can chew the leaves of the Hawthorn plant.
5.) You can use a hot cup of Hawthorn tea as a treatment for heart tonics.
6.) Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast.