Table of Contents
What Are the Benefits Of Barley?
Barley is considered to be one of the oldest grains on earth, thought to have been used by Egyptians 10,000 years ago. This grain has gained popularity thanks to fiber content and has become very exciting with its medical benefits.
Barley protects from cardiovascular disease to cancer and also balances blood sugar. The fact that barley is more useful for several diseases depends on rich phytochemicals, richness of fiber and mineral content.
12 Best Health Benefits Of Barley
• Promotes Intestinal Health: It is an excellent source of fiber, so it helps to remove toxins from your body. Dietary fibers that contain support beneficial bacteria in the large intestine. Barley fibers form butyric acid and form fuel for cells.
It is a good preservative for a healthy column. It supports intestinal motility and keeps the stomach clean. It can, therefore, reduce the risk of colon and hemorrhoid cancer.
• Helps to Lose Weight: Contains some amino group acids. Thus, it prevents the rise in sugar levels and decreases the storage process of fat. This helps to modulate blood sugar levels.
Compared to other cereals, a large amount of barley is not required for satiety. In this case, both calorie intake is low and provides a satisfying effect by creating a feeling of fullness.
• Good for Bone Health: Phosphorus and copper content of barley is beneficial for bone health. Phosphorus is very effective for treating bone and tooth ailments. If you are suffering from osteoporosis, barley can be a natural remedy.
It is known that barley contains more calcium than milk. Calcium is an important component for the protection of bone health. On the other hand, Barley, including manganese, maintains the overall health of the body and works in conjunction with B-complex vitamins.
• Strengthens Immune System: Vitamin C found in it is almost twice as much in orange. In particular, this vitamin strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of colds and flu. The iron content of barley increases blood volume, thus preventing the occurrence of fatigue and anemia.
It also helps in the development of body cells for proper kidney functioning. On the other hand, barley, hemoglobin and red blood cells in terms of copper is a good supporter.
• Protects Against Heart Disease and Cancer: Rich in herbal lignan, which protects against cancer of the breast and other hormone-related types of cancer. This is also very effective for the prevention of heart disease. The ability to reduce blood pressure, fight against free radicals and stabilize fat balance make barley highly effective against cancer and heart disease.
• Lowers Cholesterol: Produces propionic acid thanks to insoluble fiber. At the same time, can be partially responsible for lowering cholesterol. HMG-CoA reductase reduces the activity of the enzyme and helps to lower cholesterol levels in blood.
• Good for Diabetes: Fiber content of it may be useful in diabetic patients. You can control diabetes by consuming barley. Changing you manage your blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes prevents weight gain. In this case, can slow down glucose absorption because of contains beta-glucan barley.
• Powerful Antioxidant Source: Rich in antioxidants which are very important to maintain health. In particular, while body cells are working, slows down the rate of oxidative damage by collecting free radicals that enter the body with oxygen.
• Reduces Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is an extremely serious medical condition that can cause coronary heart disease, heart attack, stroke, heart failure, kidney failure, and other serious health problems.
The main symptoms of high blood pressure are nausea, severe headache, vomiting, confusion, visual changes. The presence of large amounts of fiber and niacin in barley is very useful for reducing the risk of high blood pressure.
• It Supports Heart Health: Comes first in the list of foods that are beneficial for heart. It is almost a substitute for drugs. Daily consumption of barley powder reduces the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels in intestines. The soluble fiber, known as beta-glucan in barley and other cereals, supports healthy blood lipid levels and reduces cholesterol absorption in the intestine.
• Prevents Childhood Asthma: One of the areas of use of barley is protection against childhood asthma, one of the most common respiratory disorders among children worldwide. In the case of barley-like whole-grain consumption, the risk of childhood asthma decreases by almost 50%.
• Supports Skin Health: It is rich in selenium to improve skin elasticity and tone balance. The natural anti-inflammatory properties of barley prevent acne and skin infections in the skin. Zinc content of barley helps repair skin. Barley not only can be a gentle peeling to eliminate dandruff but also helps control skin oil.
What Are The Benefits of Barley Juice?
Vitamin B complex is a rich source of iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc, copper, protein, amino group acids, dietary fiber, beta-glucan, and various antioxidants.
Drinking barley juice regularly can help with general health problems. As you can drink the juice of barley that feeds the body, you can also consume by adding to salads, casseroles, and steamed vegetables.
• Fiber and beta-glucan content help to keep for a long time. At the same time, drinking barley juice stimulates metabolism. Thus, can be a supporter to lose weight.
• It is effective for lowering blood cholesterol levels. Therefore, reduces the risk of developing heart disease.
• Vitamin B and niacin containing barley juice, anti-inflammatory, and lipid-modifying effects have been found to help slow atherosclerosis development.
• Useful for treating digestive problems such as constipation, hemorrhoids, and gastritis.
• Barley juice, beta-glucans (soluble fiber type) after meals to slow down absorption of glucose and glucose, insulin increases.
• It helps remove toxins from the body. It protects skin health. It also helps to reduce inflammation for acne and clogged pores.
• Loaded with nutrients, is a great health drink for pregnant women. Plus, barley juice that facilitates digestion can be a remedy for constipation and morning sickness. It also prevents fungal infections that may occur during pregnancy.
• It contains more than enough nutrients necessary for the immune system. It strengthens the body’s defense mechanism to fight off various diseases and infections such as colds, flu, stomach flu.
• Barley juice, an excellent source of iron and copper, helps prevent anemia and fatigue.
It is considered to be safe for most people. Sometimes barley flour can cause asthma.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: It is considered to be safe for these periods when the proper amount is consumed by mouth. However, barley sprouts are not safe, so they should not eat high amounts during pregnancy. There is not enough information about whether or not barley is completely safe during lactation exhaustion. Therefore, is advisable to stay away from the safe side.
Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity: Consumption can aggravate gluten sensitivity and coeliac disease. Avoid using barley.
Diabetes: It can lower blood sugar levels. Diabetes drugs may need to be adjusted by a health care provider.
Surgery: Can lower blood sugar levels. Therefore, to control blood sugar levels during surgery, barley consumption should be stopped at least 2 weeks before the operation date.
When you use barley as a diuretic, you should not drink more than 6 glasses in one day. It contains gluten. So, is not recommended for those with gluten sensitivity.